Welcome to Apologetics4all where I make the case (apologia) for the truthfulness of the Christian world view.
“Christianity is true” is a very bold claim in today’s world.
This is in stark contrast to the claim that “Christianity is dangerous” as posed by the anti-theists like Christopher Hitchens in his book God is not Great – How Religion Poisons Everything.
This is also in stark contrast to the claim that “Christianity is useful” for societal cohesion, social responsibilities, and the civilizing of youth and adult converts as posed by the socially-conscious atheists like Philip Kitcher in his book Living with Darwin – Evolution, Design, and the Future of Faith.
Indeed, I agree with Kitcher that Christianity is incredibly useful in more ways than he details. But I cannot agree that it is merely useful. It is much more. In fact, the Christian world view does not leave mere utility as an option to its adherents.
My friend and fellow Christian apologist J. Warner Wallace’s blog.
Why should you care?
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. – Clive Staples Lewis (1898-1963)
Perhaps C.S. Lewis’s point resonates with you. You want to know if it is meaningless or infinitely important.
Why listen to me?
There are many people who you could explore this question with. Why me?
We all have unique backgrounds and experiences. I’m a Ph.D. Chemist, a university professor (for 20 years), a Christian (for 40 years), and someone who tries to see Christianity from the OUTSIDE in. (More about me.) This may be just the perspective YOU are looking for.
I understand that there are some extremely absurd claims in the Christian world view, and I am seeking those who are seeking me and my perspective as I wrestle with YOUR questions before you have even asked them.
I do this as an act of love. I love YOU enough to ask myself and God YOUR questions, wrestling with the answers, the hints, and the silences. At the very least, YOU can be comforted by the fact that you have a fellow traveler who can walk with you discussing the most important questions of life the universe and everything.
- Who am I?
- Where did I, you, the universe come from?
- Is there any meaning in life?
- What is my purpose?
- Why did this happen to me?
- Is ANYTHING actually RIGHT or WRONG?
- Why is life so unfair?
- Where is all this headed?
- Where am I headed?
- What happens when I die?
- Why do I care so deeply about life and death?
- Why do I long for hope, justice, health, wholeness, companionship, relationship, light, and life?
The answer to these questions is not 42.
Let’s explore these questions and more, together.
- Start with my synopsis of what I believe and why.
- Explore some of my favorite posts.
- Subscribe to this blog. I don’t post very often because I have a very busy job as a professor. But when I do post, you’ll receive an email, that there is something new to read. (One post/email per quarter on average.)
Pose your questions in the comments along the way. This is a dialog.